Below are various sites and resources that could be used to learn more about the novel. Using only these “cheats” – in place of reading the novel – would short-change you from exploring a great literary work and coming to some deeper understandings about your self. Use them if they help you spark more sophisticated insights into The Catcher in the Rye, Salinger or yourself.
- The New York Times Salinger archives
- WikiQuotes: The Catcher in the Rye – Chapter-by-chapter quotations from the novel.
- Wikipedia entry on J.D. Salinger
- The Red Hunting Hat – teaching resources
- Original NY Times review of The Catcher in the Rye (Aw, the World’s a Crumby Place)
- Interactive literary map of NY City – from the NY Times
- Fisher Price Theatre Catcher in the Rye (graphic cartoon) Page 1 and page 2
- Dead Caulfieds – the life and works for J. D. Salinger